Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Grace, you have some real "likability" issues...

I love it when DT says something like, "I'm looking forward to our session", especially since I'm a total bitch to her most weeks. Hello! Who the hell would look forward to that torture! And I said as much to her. I mean I KNOW other people like me...I'm not like, "Everybody hates me, I think I'll eat some worms..." I can be witty and smart...empathetic, caring...downright fucking charming, really! I mean people like me :-) Who would wanna be me? OK - let's not answer that question, K...
Anyway, she doesn't see that side of me...she sees the angry, needy, crying, sarcastic, childish, horribly profane nutcase! The DFW! So when I rolled my eyes at her comments, she replied:

Grace, I can understand that you would question my statement re :looking forward to our sessions each week. I say this in earnest because in spite of the sides of you that are angry, hurtful, scornful, etc., I can see through these words and expressions as simply a hurt, angry, scared, helpless part of you that feels a need to protect herself on different levels. When you are not in these emotional places, so to speak, I can see the other parts of you that are compassionate, giving, etc. So, for now, you can continue to question my perspective and experience. That is ok, afterall, this runs counter too much of what you have felt and experienced from the "important" people in your life. Give it time...DT

Well, that just struck me as funny on so many levels, and I could not help but retort:

DT: "I can see through these words and expressions as simply a hurt, angry, scared,

Grace: Would that be because of your special "pink-tinged" glasses? Cuz, if so, can you let me know where you picked them up cuz I'd really like to get a pair (are they bi-focals?)

DT: "So, for now, you can continue to question my perspective and experience."

Grace: DT, I did not "question" your experience ~ I am not doubting your experience...I was merely doubting the likability of the DFW girl. That's all....


DT: "That is ok, afterall, this runs counter to much of what you have felt and experienced from the "important" people in your life."

Grace: Seriously, you are so stuck up! Just because I have a picture of you, carry around your rock, sleep with a F-ING bear named "DT-Bear" with NO embarrassment despite the fact that DH makes fun of me, and my kids often yell "Mom, do you want me to get "DT-Bear" for you?" I carry some weird ass "spiritual healing bead" you gave me (and I don't even believe in that spiritual BS), set out the angel you gave me (even though I hate knick-knacks) AND get pissed off and suicidal when you leave town, and lest I forget to mention... cry at night when I get scared because that stupid kid thinks you're her mother...does NOT make you *important* to me! Good Grief! Some people are so narcissistic. I don't even like you, in fact, in fact, some days I hate you! (Don't leave me).

Unfortunately, it's still early so that could change at any moment and psycho angry girl could show up and lash out with something hateful & spiteful. Followed by "I don't care about anyone" girl - who will tell you how "unimportant" you really are...then crying girl will send some f'd up crap telling you how scared she is (with mostly misspelled words and stuff that doesn't make sense). - I mean, you're so *experienced* and analytical -you might get it - however, when I look in my sent file and notice she's been on the computer, I am tempted to write Kellogg's for a "decoder".
"Sincerely",
Humorous/Sarcastic Girl
.
P.S. Still "all over the board" today...I was really pissed at you earlier because (well, I don't remember why now, but I was!), and sad, and laughed and made others laugh...and annoyed, and tired REALLY REALLY TIRED... WOW! At least it's not just a "Love/Hate" thing - all the other shit listed above is the "gray matter.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me, everytime I read your posts, I'm think, "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE"...

    ReplyDelete