Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I'm right here and I'm not leaving"

I know you are in pain. I can see it in your eyes, in your body. What can I do do comfort you? Come sit next to me, you can lay your head on my lap if you wish, and tell me what you need? You are safe here, I will not hurt you.

Cry if you need to~I won't ask you to stop. Sometimes crying helps get out the bad and makes room for the good. If you want to hold my hand, I will leave it out and open and ready for your grasp. If you don't want to hold my hand, that's okay, too, but I will leave it out just in case you decide you do want too.

Breathe, let it all out. Take long, deep breaths... you are safe here, no one will hurt you.
You will be okay. You have so much strength and power to heal, it is within you, and I will help you find it.

If you want to be silent, I will wait with you and the beating of our hearts can be the only sound in the stillness. It is okay if you don't want to talk now. But if you do want to talk, I am right here, and I will listen to whatever you have to say. I accept you for who you are~you are safe with me.

You can relax and lean into me if you want too. I know you're tired, I know you are struggling~ I am here and you do not have to hold yourself up right now. You can rest and lean against me if you want too.

Get warm, feel cared for and loved.
Do not be afraid~ You are safe here.
I am right here, and I am not leaving you.
I will not leave you alone in the darkness.
You have a long journey ahead of you, but I will be with you, help guide you, each step along the way.
Rest, now, little one.
You are safe now.
**************************************************************
I have never heard these words, but when the sun goes down, and the darkness fills the night~ it fills me at the same time, and I become afraid.
I long for someone to hold me, to tell me I'm safe.
I know it will never happen though....

No comments:

Post a Comment