Monday, April 6, 2009

Breathe in, Brave Girl, you can do this

Dark room, all alone
Cold breeze – trembling body
Sobs taking control
Dark room - Breathe in deeply
Get control
Remember why you are still alive
Throw out the memories
Those oh, so, painful memories
"Incest, Abuse, Rape, Pain"
For now, forget about the past
Take another deep breath
Hold it in until the shaking slows
Now let it out…………..
Repeat this until every bit of darkness
Within you – is gone
Stand up- Turn on the light
Step outside
Feel the heat of the sunlight on your face
Open your eyes – look around
Take in the scenery that surrounds you
This is the real world
This is you in the real world
Brave girl
You can survive to fight another day

4 comments:

  1. This is you in the real world! I like that! Great powerful poem Grace, thank you for sharing dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the real world
    This is you in the real world
    Brave girl
    You can survive to fight another day

    so beautiful, thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Be Real, Mena & Alanis Rae,
    Thank you...every day IS a fight to survive.
    And all I can do is keep breathing.
    And I listen for my heartbeat ~ that steady beat that let's me know that despite the fact that I can feel 'dead' I am alive, and I am fighting.
    Peace & Healing~ Grace

    ReplyDelete