Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why can't you see her?

I wonder.
It's so quiet, so still.
Doesn't anyone see her?
Am I the only one who realizes she isn't breathing?
I wonder what she thought…. What she did.

Rape
Rape in itself won't kill you.
The rapist can.
He pushes, kicks,shoves and then hits.

Abuse – torture – rape.
All these things...
I wonder.
I wonder how we stay sane.
How do we stay safe?
How do we stay alive?
It seems so difficult.
It seems too difficult when no one wants to speak of the obvious horror happening around them.

She is dead.
She knows it
She feels it.
All of it.
Her blood and sweat

Does he know it?
Does he?
His eyes – crystal blue….
Death.
Why?
I don't want him to die.
I want him to live.
I want him to think about it every day for the rest of his life.
I want him to live!
Because in living... I hope he will feel death.

No comments:

Post a Comment