Monday, June 22, 2009

In honor of father's day, I'd like to *share* a 'tender' moment between my step-father and me

In fact, this was the last conversation he and I ever had.
I was 18 years old at the time.

I was at the point where I no longer cared what he thought or said because I was an adult and I knew he would never hurt me again (boy, was I WRONG! 20 years later his GD voice is still in my head).

We were arguing, and I told him that when I grew up, I wanted to be just like him... A BUM! A loser - with no job and no potential... A BUM!

That was when he spoke to me these words, a sort of "Holy Grail" if you will...

"Grace," he said, "Life is a tavern and all you need is a good fuck."

Yes, so white trash and yet so simple.
Words to live by...life is so simple...
Life's motto: "Life is a tavern....and all you need is a good fuck"
I had thought he had shown me that already....beginning at the age of 5!

He was so smart!
What a great man he was....like Gandhi!

Such wisdom...from such a MONSTER!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Wow. What an ass. I am so sorry that he said and did those things to you. He was awful. You are not. You are amazing and graceful and beautiful, and worth so much more than he ever will be. He should be castrated. I hope that you can find something to replace the thoughts that he put into your head.

    Life is a box of chocolates, and you get to pick the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, a dear friend once told me, "Grace, you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, you can even pick your friends noses (well, if they're "good" friends) but you can't pick your family....
    Wise woman, huh? (although i've always passed on picking my friends noses- I will, however, offer them a kleenex should they need one.)
    ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete