Saturday, July 17, 2010

How ’bout a caring Shrink

This morning I had a voicemail from the therapist letting me know she did get my email, and that she does understands that I might be feeling overwhelmed from everything and that she also understood my feelings of shame and embarrassment because of my history. She offered to meet today (Friday) since she knew I was feeling afraid and overwhelmed in the middle of all of this and…because it’s Friday! (I hate Fridays!). I so appreciated her voicemail this morning, and the fact that she took the time to leave me a voicemail to let me know she got my email, and offering to meet today. But I’m still afraid to talk to her about this, face to face. Despite her voicemail, letting me know that she did hear me, and she does care, the shame meter is still pointing to *full*, and I’m not sure I can talk about the content of the email now.



LINK  How 'bout a caring Shrink