Friday, June 18, 2010

You could have saved me

 **** SPOILER ALERT ***** SHUTTER ISLAND *******


“You could have saved me.” the little girl told Teddy as she looked at him with her sad little face. He knew her mother was going to hurt her. He KNEW! He could have saved her but he chose not too. And she died. He turned his back on her. He stood by and basically allowed her to die…while the little girl just gave up hope for any sort of rescue and just faded away…resigned to her fate in this world.
I watched that movie last weekend and when the little girl would repeatedly show up, telling her father that he could have saved her, and each time she would appear I could feel my breathing become more and more shallow and my eyes begin to sting with tears of sadness.  

LINK to post:  You could have saved me